Made in S&H
Shipley & Halmos pops up on Canal Street
Since you’ll already be at Spring Studios in TriBeCa this season for the Diane von Furstenberg, Michael Kors, and Calvin Klein fall 2014 shows, we suggest making a dash across the street to check out the kitschy Shipley & Halmos Canal Street pop-up shop, which will be open today through February 23. Designed to fit in with the rest of the street’s anonymous-looking, hole-in-the-wall stores, the Made in S&H concept shop will sell products from the Shipley & Halmos menswear line along with collaborative odds and ends, such as hand-painted Vans and Billykirk iPhone cases. Our favorite offering is a limited-edition DS & Durga fragrance designed as a knock-off of the brand’s existing Italian Citrus juice. The imitation was given a slightly heavier dose of citrus notes than the original and will come in different bottles under three different pseudonyms: Taang Sport, Eve’s St. L’orange, and When a Mandarin Loves a Woman. Unlike your typical fake, however, these bottles come at a bit of a markup—$120 each compared to $106 for the original.
385 Canal Street (between Thompson and West Broadway), February 4th through February 23rd, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress