That Cool Girl Red Lip From Creatures of the Wind Fall 2016
At Creatures of the Wind Fall 2016, makeup artist Mark Carrasquillo took what he saw on the streets of New York to the runway.
There are looks that catch the eye, and there are looks that retrain it. At Creatures of the Wind Fall 2016, makeup artist Mark Carrasquillo took what he saw on the streets of New York to the runway. “I was inspired by when you see Puerto Rican girls in New York, how they do lip pencil and a color in the middle,” he says. “So, how do we do that as a red lip?”
He started with a sangria matte pencil; then, a touch of cherry gloss. The result? The chill vibe of a cool girl who, in Carrasquillo’s mind, “really likes herself and doesn’t try to hide, but wants to wear one kind of makeup. She just puts the lip on, but it’s meticulously done. It’s a thought process, it’s really intentional. And it’s really sexy and fun—a new way to do a red lip.” The rest of the face was kept neutral–just brow gel to catch the light and fresh skin. “We left a little bag [under the eye],” Carrasquillo said.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress