New York Fashion Week Fall 2016 Trend: "All About Pink!"
A classic shade gets an unexpected update.
On Saturday night, Alexander Wang’s gang of bad girls hit the runway with messy hair and punk mini-dresses. The overall look screamed downtown-cool, but the models nails were a pale shade of pink–a classic uptown shade. Backstage, nail artist Michelle Saunders described the look as a “pink chalk nail,” which was achieved by layering Essie’s Tuck In My Tuxedo over Fiji to add a “a creamy feel,” and topped with Matte About You. The look was requested by Alexander Wang, himself–and was the first of several versions we’ve seen at New York Fashion Week.
The next day, nail legend Jin Soon Choi created a similar look at Derek Lam’s Fall 2016 show. “Last season was more beige nude, and cream nude,” she explained backstage. “This season, guess what? All about pink!” To create the look, Choi used her own floral-scented shade (launching in May). “It’s a jelly, almost glass-like natural pink that works with multiple skin tones,” she said.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionFor Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes, the $3 Million Fantasy Bra Was "A Little Bit Too Comfortable"