Ugandan Model Aamito Lagum Reveals Her Beauty Hacks
Vaseline, Byredo, hot lemon water with turmeric - those are just a few of the elements that make up the model's beauty routine.
Aamito Lagum may have won the first season of Africa’s Next Top Model back in 2013, but the 23-year-old Ugandan beauty was hardly a flash in pan. Lagum gives new meaning to the term “squad goals” in W’s May issue, alongside Irina Shayk and Katie Moore, and shares some of her best beauty secrets here. One word of advice? Don’t take it too seriously.
Your look in three words:
Outside the box.
Never leave the house without:
Vaseline Lip Therapy and a positive mindset.
Beauty from the inside out:
Hot lemon water with honey and turmeric.
Cardio, Pilates, and a good boxing spree.
Snack of choice:
Kind granola bars, and a brunch of tropical fruits.
Weleda skin food.
Santa Maria Novella products and Byredo skin cream.
Favorite hair professional:
Considering the water, I like to post my phone up and listen to podcasts like 99% Invisible, TED radio hour, and The Liturgists.
Naturopathica Spa in Chelsea.
Always in your suitcase:
Weleda Skin Food, coconut oil, and a mini Diptyque Baies candle.
Fragrance of choice:
Marc Jacobs Daisy is classic, but I also have fallen in love with anything from Le Labo or Maison Francis Kurkdjian.
Best advice from mom:
Cry it out of your system.
Best advice from the pros:
Don’t take it too seriously.
Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant, Lupita Nyong’o.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleKendall Jenner, Revealed: The 20-Year-Old Model Loves Showing Off Her Body
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionWhat the Cool Kids of Mexico City Wore to Fashion Week
- BeautyMeet the Woman Behind Kim Kardashian’s Retinol Serum
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups