Ugandan Model Aamito Lagum Reveals Her Beauty Hacks
Vaseline, Byredo, hot lemon water with turmeric - those are just a few of the elements that make up the model's beauty routine.
Aamito Lagum may have won the first season of Africa’s Next Top Model back in 2013, but the 23-year-old Ugandan beauty was hardly a flash in pan. Lagum gives new meaning to the term “squad goals” in W’s May issue, alongside Irina Shayk and Katie Moore, and shares some of her best beauty secrets here. One word of advice? Don’t take it too seriously.
Your look in three words:
Outside the box.
Never leave the house without:
Vaseline Lip Therapy and a positive mindset.
Beauty from the inside out:
Hot lemon water with honey and turmeric.
Cardio, Pilates, and a good boxing spree.
Snack of choice:
Kind granola bars, and a brunch of tropical fruits.
Weleda skin food.
Santa Maria Novella products and Byredo skin cream.
Favorite hair professional:
Considering the water, I like to post my phone up and listen to podcasts like 99% Invisible, TED radio hour, and The Liturgists.
Naturopathica Spa in Chelsea.
Always in your suitcase:
Weleda Skin Food, coconut oil, and a mini Diptyque Baies candle.
Fragrance of choice:
Marc Jacobs Daisy is classic, but I also have fallen in love with anything from Le Labo or Maison Francis Kurkdjian.
Best advice from mom:
Cry it out of your system.
Best advice from the pros:
Don’t take it too seriously.
Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant, Lupita Nyong’o.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties