Nice and Easy
In the fast-paced world of fashion, two sisters are taking their time.
When Ludovica and Ginevra Fagioli, Florentine twins with a passion for fabrics, founded Caftanii two summers ago, their ambitions were modest. “We wanted to do something that expressed our mood and easy way of living,” Ludovica says of their effortlessly elegant designs, hand-sewn by Italian artisans. So if it weren’t for the stylist Diletta Bonaiuti, who caused a sensation among the street-style photographers when she stepped out in an ivory Caftanii robe dress during Milan Fashion Week, the 29-year-old sisters would likely still be operating under the radar. Not that the attention has affected them: Despite an uptick in orders for their spring collection—an exploration of childhood, with linen tunics and high-waisted shorts—production remains limited. “For us, quality is so important,” Ludovica insists. “We want to do things that are absolutely beautiful.”Follow Us:
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups