Nice and Easy
In the fast-paced world of fashion, two sisters are taking their time.
When Ludovica and Ginevra Fagioli, Florentine twins with a passion for fabrics, founded Caftanii two summers ago, their ambitions were modest. “We wanted to do something that expressed our mood and easy way of living,” Ludovica says of their effortlessly elegant designs, hand-sewn by Italian artisans. So if it weren’t for the stylist Diletta Bonaiuti, who caused a sensation among the street-style photographers when she stepped out in an ivory Caftanii robe dress during Milan Fashion Week, the 29-year-old sisters would likely still be operating under the radar. Not that the attention has affected them: Despite an uptick in orders for their spring collection—an exploration of childhood, with linen tunics and high-waisted shorts—production remains limited. “For us, quality is so important,” Ludovica insists. “We want to do things that are absolutely beautiful.”Follow Us:
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties
- FashionGigi Hadid, Irina Shayk, Adriana Lima, and More Supermodels Backstage at the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show