W's beauty director shares her favorite products for protecting her blonde locks.
What do Tilda Swinton, Catherine Deneuve, and I have in common? We’ve all been blonded by Christophe Robin—and during my recent trip to Paris he took my tresses a shade lighter than usual. I love the paler color, but the extra bleach involved has compelled me to add a few pampering products to my routine. First, I swapped my usual shampoo for supergentle Purely Perfect Cleansing Creme. Devoid of sodium lauryl sulfate (a lathering agent than can be harsh on locks), the formula doubles as a conditioner. After washing, I spray RestorSea Revitalizing Scalp Treatment directly onto my scalp, to clear away dead skin cells that could potentially block my follicles. Finally, to replenish fading color, once a week I use John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss, which I leave on for five minutes and then rinse. It comes in six shades, and my choice is For Cool Blondes. If the shoe fits…Follow Us:
- CelebritiesNo Wonder Taylor Swift is Smitten with Tom Hiddleston
- CelebritiesGet to Know Tom Hiddleston, Taylor Swift’s New Boyfriend
- Film & TVAbbey Lee on Neon Demon and Why Modeling Isn’t “Humane”
- FashionThe Story Behind Rihanna’s Sparkly “This Is What You Came For” Jumpsuit
- CelebritiesIt’s the Hot Dads Who Rule the Red Carpet Today