W's beauty director shares her favorite products for protecting her blonde locks.
What do Tilda Swinton, Catherine Deneuve, and I have in common? We’ve all been blonded by Christophe Robin—and during my recent trip to Paris he took my tresses a shade lighter than usual. I love the paler color, but the extra bleach involved has compelled me to add a few pampering products to my routine. First, I swapped my usual shampoo for supergentle Purely Perfect Cleansing Creme. Devoid of sodium lauryl sulfate (a lathering agent than can be harsh on locks), the formula doubles as a conditioner. After washing, I spray RestorSea Revitalizing Scalp Treatment directly onto my scalp, to clear away dead skin cells that could potentially block my follicles. Finally, to replenish fading color, once a week I use John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss, which I leave on for five minutes and then rinse. It comes in six shades, and my choice is For Cool Blondes. If the shoe fits…Follow Us:
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties
- FashionGigi Hadid, Irina Shayk, Adriana Lima, and More Supermodels Backstage at the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show