W's beauty director shares her favorite products for protecting her blonde locks.
What do Tilda Swinton, Catherine Deneuve, and I have in common? We’ve all been blonded by Christophe Robin—and during my recent trip to Paris he took my tresses a shade lighter than usual. I love the paler color, but the extra bleach involved has compelled me to add a few pampering products to my routine. First, I swapped my usual shampoo for supergentle Purely Perfect Cleansing Creme. Devoid of sodium lauryl sulfate (a lathering agent than can be harsh on locks), the formula doubles as a conditioner. After washing, I spray RestorSea Revitalizing Scalp Treatment directly onto my scalp, to clear away dead skin cells that could potentially block my follicles. Finally, to replenish fading color, once a week I use John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss, which I leave on for five minutes and then rinse. It comes in six shades, and my choice is For Cool Blondes. If the shoe fits…Follow Us:
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups