Inspiration Runs Deep
The next generation of underwater armor is now on view
While the Fall 2014 runways have been filled with space-cases—both Rodarte and Preen delivered very literal Star Wars-inspired collections, while Antonio Berardi alluded to interplanetary parties with his galactic textiles—spring is all about deep sea exploration. At least at the American Museum of Natural History. Today, the first exosuit—a hard metal ensemble that measures six-foot-five-inches tall, weighs more than 530 pounds, and allows divers to travel 1,000 feet down below the surface—is on temporary exhibit. We’re holding our breath for this subacquous suit to prompt the hottest Spring 2015 trends.
The Exosuit is on display at the American Museum of Natural History from February 27th to March 5th in the Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life, amnh.org.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress