Culture » Inspiration Runs Deep
Inspiration Runs Deep
The next generation of underwater armor is now on view
While the Fall 2014 runways have been filled with space-cases—both Rodarte and Preen delivered very literal Star Wars-inspired collections, while Antonio Berardi alluded to interplanetary parties with his galactic textiles—spring is all about deep sea exploration. At least at the American Museum of Natural History. Today, the first exosuit—a hard metal ensemble that measures six-foot-five-inches tall, weighs more than 530 pounds, and allows divers to travel 1,000 feet down below the surface—is on temporary exhibit. We’re holding our breath for this subacquous suit to prompt the hottest Spring 2015 trends.
The Exosuit is on display at the American Museum of Natural History from February 27th to March 5th in the Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life, amnh.org.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- CelebritiesGet the Complete Riley Keough Experience
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?