Culture » Rock Candy
Jewelry designer Marie-Hélène de Taillac teams up with Ladurée
What do women love more: jewelry or macarons? A new collaboration between fine jewelry designer Marie-Hélène de Taillac and famed French bakery Ladurée—which includes jewel-filled windows at their shops and limited-edition, customized boxes of confections—answers that question: Both. At the same time. The newly available Marie-Hélène de Taillac cookie collection includes six flavors—chocolate, cassis violet, rose petal, lemon, pistachio, and orange blossom—which reflect the bright hues in her baubles. Her favorite? “Orange blossom reminds me of my childhood in Lebanon,” she says. That sense of nostalgia is present throughout the collaboration, as de Taillac’s first memories of Ladurée are of childhood visits with her grandmother. “[She] used to take me to the salons on rue Royale for a hot chocolate on Wednesday afternoons. Ladurée already was a fashionable place to have lunch or a lovely afternoon tea.” And now it’s a just little bit more stylish.
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs