Culture » Best in Show
Best in Show
A new photography and art blog dedicated to dogs.
The new website mrssizzle.com may seem aimed at a rarefied crew: “It’s a curated blog for dog lovers devoted to art and photography,” explains its founder, Suzanne Donaldson. But filled with arresting visuals, moving anecdotes, training tips, and sources for everything from chic leashes to commissioned portraits, it has surprisingly broad appeal. Having spent decades working as a photo director for various glossy magazines, Donaldson, a proud mama of three pups, called on her extensive contacts for contributions: Laurie Simmons photographed her grand-dog Lamby; Tim Walker snapped a contemplative pic of his and partner Jacob K’s rescue pooch Stig; and Mickalene Thomas submitted a collage featuring her dachshund Priscilla. Cindy Sherman doesn’t have a dog, but in support of the site she sent images of her 24 year-old parrot Mister Frieda, sunbathing in the window after a shower. “Just one click will make the heart wag,” says Donaldson.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death