Donald Robertson Tells His STORY
The artist gets sketchy at the NYC concept store.
No matter the theme, Rachel Shechtman’s ever-changing retail spot STORY boasts something for everyone. And after collaborating with artist and Instagram sensation Donald Robertson on its 26th installation, STORY now boasts something for everyone—and then some: Urban Ears headphones, porcelain dog bowls, Mi Cielo kids’ T-shirts, limited-edition shades by Warby Parker, and the launch Robertson’s new children’s book “Mitford at the Fashion Zoo.”
“On Instagram people are always saying, ‘Donald you should do a wallpaper! Donald you should do flip flops!’ And I’m always like, yeah, I don’t really want to do that, but maybe I’ll do it… for one month!” Robertson explains coyly. “So the best thing about everything in here is it’s full Cinderella. The minute Fashion Week’s over, it’s gone. The whole thing goes completely away, [Rachel] turns the store into a new store, and it’s not like an ongoing thing. It’s a burst.” Robertson is customizing everything from Rolex watches to Canada Goose coats. Rounding out the lot are customizable Bow and Drape T-shirts and emoji appliques, make-your-own Smashbox lip gloss, and peelable Chasing Paper wallpaper strips, just the thing for rented apartments, or other temporary housing situations as Robertson kindly points out. “If you’re doing a stint in prison, you could sneak it in and spruce up your cell,” he says, showing off his signature lips print. Something for everyone indeed.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionFor Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes, the $3 Million Fantasy Bra Was "A Little Bit Too Comfortable"