In Living Colour
Jamie xx turns his hit single “Good Times” into a pop-up shop.
For a guy who’s so notoriously quiet, Jamie xx knows how to put together a summer banger. The xx producer’s debut In Colour (Young Turks) has been the record I’ve had on repeat the most since it came out in June. (Try and resist the dancehall vibes of “I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times)”) It’s an album that earns its title—the full-spectrum variety of the songs is a wonderful departure from the ultrafine grayscale gradations of his work with the xx. To keep the party going, the producer opened up a “Good Times” pop-up store in New York this week, at the downtown gallery The Hole, featuring a typically tightly-edited selection of In Colour merch and programming.
The “Good Times Store” is open through Sunday, August 16, at New York’s The Hole, 312 Bowery.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleKendall Jenner, Revealed: The 20-Year-Old Model Loves Showing Off Her Body
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- CultureHow Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Became Humanoid Creatures for W
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- BeautyMeet the Woman Behind Kim Kardashian’s Retinol Serum