Peter Beard Prefers to Print Out the Internet
The famed photographer and collager is keeping busy with a new solo exhibition and outings to see The Jungle Book.
Decades after first discovering Iman in Nairobi, not to mention countless trips to Africa to capture its wildlife, photographer Peter Beard, now 78, is still in the game. He’s just opened “Last Word from Paradise,” his first solo exhibit in 15 years, which is up at the Hamptons’ Guild Hall until the end of July. Keeping close by in his Long Island home, which is the stuff of Montauk legend, Beard shared his culture diet, which, quite appropriately, features The Jungle Book.
First thing you read in the morning:
Books by my bedside.
Books on your bedside table right now:
Fate of the Earth by Jonathan Schell; Rembrandt, and Gaston Chaissac.
The TV show that’s been keeping you up at night:
Last movie you saw in theaters:
The Jungle Book.
Last piece of art you bought, or ogled:
Last museum exhibition that you loved:
[Francis] Bacon at the Met.
Release you’re most eagerly anticipating:
Bob Dylan’s “Shadows in the Night.”
Favorite Montauk hang-out:
Summer travel destination:
Last song you had on repeat:
The whole Dylan album.
Last concert you saw live:
Rolling Stones at the Barclays Center.
How you get your news:
TV, newspapers, and print-outs from the internet that my family supplies me.
Favorite social media accounts to follow:
Last thing you do before you go to bed:
Watch late-night movies.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionThe Best Street Style of Art Basel Miami Beach 2016