Culture » Art & Design » Auguste Perret, Huit Chefs d’œuvre
Auguste Perret, Huit Chefs d’œuvre
Architecture in place of Prada.
Since 2011, Prada has been staging events (including the spring 2014 Miu Miu show) at the Palais d’Iéna, an Auguste Perret-designed, concrete building in Paris. And so, it’s no surprise that when the Fondazione Prada teamed up with the Economic, Social and Environmental Council to create an exhibition in honor of legendary 20th-century architect (“Auguste Perret: Eight Masterpieces”), the organizations decided to stage it there. The show— was created by curator Joseph Abram and OMA AMO, an architecture organization overseen by Rem Koolhaas—is something of a masterpiece itself. See highlights here.
“Auguste Perret, Huit Chefs d’œuvre !/?” is on exhibit from November 27, 2013, through February 19, 2014.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleFrom Caroline Kennedy to Lindsay Lohan, the Best White House Correspondents Dinner Pictures Ever
- CultureMeet Tei Shi, the Indie Darling Adored by Grimes
- Fashion21 Moments That Defined 1990s Fashion
- CelebritiesFrom Princess Diana to Kate Moss to Brad and Gwyneth in Love, Dave Benett Captured the ’90s
- People10 Haute Bohemians Who Live Beautifully—And Make It Look Easy