Culture » Art & Design » 4 Inspi(red) Pieces
4 Inspi(red) Pieces
Jony Ive and Marc Newson curated the design sale of the century
Five years ago, Bono teamed up with Damien Hirst and Sotheby’s on a Valentines Day contemporary art auction that raised more than $40 million for (RED), the former U2 frontman’s African AIDS initiative. So how could he possibly top that? By asking his pals Jony Ive and Marc Newson to curate the design sale of century. Among the 42 lots, which will go on the block Saturday, November 23, is a genuine Star Wars Storm Trooper helmet (donated and signed by George Lucas), a red Hermès saddle, and a vintage Ettore Sottsass for Olivetti typewriter. “I like to think that (RED) itself is a clever design, a new model, engineered to address a particular problem,” writes Bono in the introduction to the catalogue. We couldn’t agree more. Here are some of the spectacular things we have our eye on.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- Street StyleScandanavian Street Style: See the Best Looks from Oslo Fashion Fall 2016
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Bradley Cooper & Seth Rogen Audition for the Role of Cher in “Clueless"
- PartiesBlake Lively and Kris Jenner Debate Mommy-Daughter Style
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"