Restoration Hardware Gets Contemporary
And branches out with a new gallery.
Even if bigger is not necessarily better, it has its benefits. And if you are a multibillion-dollar global company like Restoration Hardware, why get in the contemporary art game the start-up way—i.e., a makeshift gallery in a fixer-upper neighborhood with a quirky Tumblr page and a tiny roster of artist friends—when you can open up shop with a six-story, 28,000-square foot space in the heart of New York’s Chelsea gallery district? On Saturday, November 9, the RH Contemporary gallery will launch with a new arts journal, an online gallery, and an artist-in-residence program—not to mention five separate solo shows (five!) featuring emerging artists Samantha Thomas, Natasha Wheat, Peter Demos, Toby Christian, and Nathan Baker. Get to know their work—and the first iteration of RH Contemporary, which is already planning to open an L.A. space next year—right now. Because while it’s true you can’t buy taste, you can certainly get those who make it to pay attention.
RH Contemporary is located at 437 W. 16th St. in New York.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionKitten Heels Are the New It Shoe for Fall
- PartiesChanel Celebrates Lily-Rose Depp as the Face of N°5 L’EAU
- FashionLauren Hutton Returns to the Runway Hand in Hand with Gigi Hadid at Bottega Veneta Spring 2017
- FashionLondon Fashion Week's Street Style Stars Have an Eye for Details