Culture » Art & Design » Book Smart
Three new collections offer a stylish tour du monde.
In Bailey’s Stardust (out March 31 from the National Portrait Gallery), published to coincide with a David Bailey retrospective at the National Portrait Gallery, in London, the 76-year-old photographer shepherds us from the East End streets of his youth to his north London studio and over to Paris, Delhi, and the coastal cities of Queensland, Australia. The photographer Gianni Berengo Gardin’s Caffé Florian (Marsilio), out March 4, looks at Venice’s society drawing room over the past three centuries, frequented by everyone from Casanova to today’s street-style stars. Of course, idiosyncratic street style is most prevalent in Tokyo, and Thomas C. Card’s Tokyo: Adorned (Booth-Clibborn Editions), out March 11, highlights the city’s most exotically costumed denizens—be they Lolitas, Victorians, or Goths.Follow Us:
- FashionMet Gala 2016: All the Red Carpet Looks
- FashionMet Gala 2016: From Katy Perry to Claire Danes, See the Best Photos from the Red Carpet
- BeautyThe Many Faces of the One and Only Kim Chi
- CelebritiesMadonna at the Met Gala: See the Star’s Red Carpet Looks
- Best DressedMet Gala 2016: Wiz Khalifa and Idris Elba Win the Red Carpet