Culture » Art & Design » Bright Ideas
Kartell’s iconic lamp gets a makeover.
Every birthday deserves some kind of celebration. The 10th anniversary of Ferruccio Laviani’s Bourgie lamp, however, has earned something unique. As part of New York Design week, Kartell recruited 20 collaborators—including singer Lenny Kravitz, interior designer Kelly Wearstler, and designer and architect Philippe Starck—to create one-of-a-kind versions of the now iconic, baroque-inspired, plastic light. Brooklyn-based collaborative Snarkitecture draped a blanket over the lamp, Patricia Urquiola transformed its whimsical legs into the arms of a chandelier, and Pharrell, the cover star of W’s special art issue, kept it light by writing “shade” all around the simple topper. Get it? Good.
The lamps are on display at Kartell’s SoHo flagship, 39 Greene Street, until June 21st, kartell.com.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionMet Gala 2016: All the Red Carpet Looks
- BeautyThe Many Faces of the One and Only Kim Chi
- FashionMet Gala 2016: From Katy Perry to Claire Danes, See the Best Photos from the Red Carpet
- CelebritiesMadonna at the Met Gala: See the Star’s Red Carpet Looks
- Best DressedMet Gala 2016: Wiz Khalifa and Idris Elba Win the Red Carpet