Back to Memphis
Sofia Coppola's '80s obsession is having a moment.
As a kid in the ’80s, I was obsessed with Memphis design. I remember poring over Barbara Radice’s book for inspiration. And while I did not live in a real Ettore Sottsass madhouse, my mom indulged my passion by allowing me to make fake Memphis dressers with gray squiggles on them for my bedroom. I’m glad that many accessible pieces from that era are still in production. For example, I love this Nathalie Du Pasquier Carrot vase that friends of mine have at their house.Follow Us:
- PeopleKendall Jenner, Revealed: The 20-Year-Old Model Loves Showing Off Her Body
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- BeautyMeet the Woman Behind Kim Kardashian’s Retinol Serum
- CultureHow Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Became Humanoid Creatures for W
- FashionWhat the Cool Kids of Mexico City Wore to Fashion Week