Culture » Art & Design » Back to Memphis
Back to Memphis
Sofia Coppola's '80s obsession is having a moment.
As a kid in the ’80s, I was obsessed with Memphis design. I remember poring over Barbara Radice’s book for inspiration. And while I did not live in a real Ettore Sottsass madhouse, my mom indulged my passion by allowing me to make fake Memphis dressers with gray squiggles on them for my bedroom. I’m glad that many accessible pieces from that era are still in production. For example, I love this Nathalie Du Pasquier Carrot vase that friends of mine have at their house.Follow Us:
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways