Back to Memphis
Sofia Coppola's '80s obsession is having a moment.
As a kid in the ’80s, I was obsessed with Memphis design. I remember poring over Barbara Radice’s book for inspiration. And while I did not live in a real Ettore Sottsass madhouse, my mom indulged my passion by allowing me to make fake Memphis dressers with gray squiggles on them for my bedroom. I’m glad that many accessible pieces from that era are still in production. For example, I love this Nathalie Du Pasquier Carrot vase that friends of mine have at their house.Follow Us:
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture, and Robot Kanye Makes an Appearance
- CultureKim Kardashian Unveils Kanye West's "Famous" Sculpture At Blum & Poe Gallery in Los Angeles
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- PeopleSofia Richie, Justin Bieber's Rumored Girlfriend, Loves Monchromatic Outfits and Bold Braids
- CultureA Guide to Stockholm, Courtesy of Victoria's Secret Angel Elsa Hosk