Back to Memphis
Sofia Coppola's '80s obsession is having a moment.
As a kid in the ’80s, I was obsessed with Memphis design. I remember poring over Barbara Radice’s book for inspiration. And while I did not live in a real Ettore Sottsass madhouse, my mom indulged my passion by allowing me to make fake Memphis dressers with gray squiggles on them for my bedroom. I’m glad that many accessible pieces from that era are still in production. For example, I love this Nathalie Du Pasquier Carrot vase that friends of mine have at their house.Follow Us:
- FashionPanorama Festival Isn't Just Another Coachella
- Fashion2016 GOP Convention Street Style: Americana on Steroids
- CultureSeeking Gold Once More—Defending Olympic Champion Gabby Douglas Stages a Comeback at 20
- PeoplePeter Dundas on Making Ciara’s One-of-a-Kind Wedding Dress
- FashionAt Josefinas, Ballet Flats with a Twist