A Week At the Museum
That’s how long it took artist Sarah Cain to paint the entire Contemporary Art Museum in Raleigh, North Carolina.
In her work, the Los Angeles artist Sarah Cain sometimes uses house paint, which can be a useful habit when her site-specific abstractions spill off the paper or canvas, as they often do, and onto the walls, windows, floor, and wherever else her wandering eye might take her. Cain’s largest-ever work—a makeover of the 4,000-square foot Contemporary Art Museum in Raleigh, NC—just opened to the public October 3, after her weeklong stay. See the work in progress here, and note the mattresses on the floor—an essential to any marathon art-making (and –viewing) session.
“Sarah Cain: The Imaginary Architecture of Love” is on view through January 3, 2016, at the Contemporary Art Museum in Raleigh, North Carolina.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties