From the French Riviera
Alyssa J. Smith and Leah Shlaer, the design duo behind the swimwear line Lezard, reveal the source of their inspiration.
What is your favorite beach?
Definitely Paloma Beach in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Cote d’Azur in France, where we shot our 2015 campaign. It has a low-key, hidden beach vibe with perfect, clear Mediterranean water—and, of course, we love the amazing food nearby.
How does it inspire your work?
The brand is heavily inspired by glamorous icons of the ‘60s like Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot. Everything about this place exudes the beauty and charm of what you would imagine that time to be like. The warmth and colors are overwhelmingly beautiful.
What do you always bring to the beach?
A Lezard suit (always); natural sunscreen; coconut oil for lips, skin, and hair; great read; snacks like a baguette, cheese, and fruit; gladiator sandals; striped beach towels purchased at the local marché; and lots of water!
What’s your insider secret to this location?
Take a taxi and stay local because this is one of the best places to explore on foot due to the walking paths all along the area! Also, the beaches are rocky so sandals are a must.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionThe Best Street Style of Art Basel Miami Beach 2016