From the French Riviera
Alyssa J. Smith and Leah Shlaer, the design duo behind the swimwear line Lezard, reveal the source of their inspiration.
What is your favorite beach?
Definitely Paloma Beach in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Cote d’Azur in France, where we shot our 2015 campaign. It has a low-key, hidden beach vibe with perfect, clear Mediterranean water—and, of course, we love the amazing food nearby.
How does it inspire your work?
The brand is heavily inspired by glamorous icons of the ‘60s like Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot. Everything about this place exudes the beauty and charm of what you would imagine that time to be like. The warmth and colors are overwhelmingly beautiful.
What do you always bring to the beach?
A Lezard suit (always); natural sunscreen; coconut oil for lips, skin, and hair; great read; snacks like a baguette, cheese, and fruit; gladiator sandals; striped beach towels purchased at the local marché; and lots of water!
What’s your insider secret to this location?
Take a taxi and stay local because this is one of the best places to explore on foot due to the walking paths all along the area! Also, the beaches are rocky so sandals are a must.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleKendall Jenner, Revealed: The 20-Year-Old Model Loves Showing Off Her Body
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionWhat the Cool Kids of Mexico City Wore to Fashion Week
- BeautyMeet the Woman Behind Kim Kardashian’s Retinol Serum
- FashionUkranian Fashion Week Has the Streets of Kiev Filled with Fur