Designers Rosie Ward Densen and Alicia Whillas, the designers behind Ward Whillas swimwear, share their love of Australia.
What is your favorite beach?
Hyams Beach, Jervis Bay. Australia. When we lived in Australia, this was one of our favorite vacation spots. Hyams beach has the brightest, whitest and finest sand you have ever experienced (it actually holds the Guinness World Record for its sand!). We have so many memories of our beachside shanty rental; we would wander down the back lawn and jump into the crystal clear water, and the store (the only store), where we would go to get an ice-block to relieve us from the summer heat.
How does it inspire your work?
It reminds us that we work to live, not live to work. Its so easy to get caught up in the fast pace of our industry and of New York, meanwhile Hyams beach is still there, cruising along at snail’s pace with one corner store and one pub, calling for us to slow down and enjoy the simpler pleasures in life.
What are your favorite things to bring to the beach?
Lola Hats, Elta MD Sunscreen, Bobby Brown “Beach” Body Oil, The Beach People Towel, Illesteva sunglasses, Ward Whillas swimsuit, bare feet, best friends, diced mangoes and a bottle of San Pellegrino.
What’s your insider tip about this location?
It’s surrounded by national parks, so you can see amazing native plants and wildlife—kangaroos, wombats, lorikeets, kookaburras, and even koalas.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- FashionHappy Birthday, Hillary! A Tribute to Hillary Clinton's Style Evolution, from Skirt Suit to Pantsuit
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week