Destination: Charlotte, North Carolina
For the next two weeks, W’s fashion editors will be sharing their holiday travel plans along with essential wardrobe pieces for each destination. Check back here for what to carry home to Austin, Texas or on a holiday to Bali. In this installment, Associate Market Editor Garrett Munce heads home to North Carolina for the holidays.
1. Boiled Peanuts – My grandfather used to make boiled peanuts all the time. They’re a delicious Carolina staple.
Lee Bros Boiled Peanuts, $29.50 for 5 lbs, boiledpeanuts.com
2. Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka – Tastes exactly like good ol’ classic sweet tea, but packs a punch! It’s made locally on Wadmalaw Island, SC.
3. Frye boots – These boots are rugged and urban at the same time. Perfect for a trip to the Christmas tree farm or a night out at the bars.
Frye’s leather boots, $238, at neimanmarcus.com
4. Band of Outsiders blazer – No Southern gentleman travels without a classic navy blazer – one of the most versatile pieces in a man’s wardrobe. This one is modern, while still being traditional enough for the country club.
Band of Outsider’s blazer, $1,656, at Barneys, barneys.com
5. Bill Reid look 11 – This look from Billy Reid is just dripping southern charm. The denim, plaid, corduroy and work wear jacket all come together to create a perfect outdoorsy and young look.
Billy Reid’s cotton jacket, $395, nylon and wool overshirt, $245, cotton denim shirt, $185, cotton corduroy pant, $175, and wool and silk tie, $95. Billy Reid for Stetson’s wool hat, $95. All at Billy Reid, billyreid.com
6. Flannery O’Connor The Complete Stories – O’Connor is the classic Southern Gothic writer. Sometimes it helps to read about families more eccentric than your own.
Flannery O’Connor The Complete Stories, $12.24, at amazon.com