Fashion » Sea and Sand
Sea and Sand
W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
Being from El Paso, Texas, I’m drawn to desert landscapes, and I especially love when they meet the bright blue sea. It’s my favorite environment, and one that I enjoyed this summer on a boat trip through Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. We started in La Paz and ended at the Esperanza Resort in Cabo San Lucas—and passing all the dry, dusty islands dotted with saguaro cacti, I couldn’t help but be reminded of the cruise collections. Whether it was the suede dresses at Calvin Klein, the peasant blouses at Altuzarra, or the patchwork denim at Alexander McQueen, so many pieces had that desert bohemian spirit I adore. They were folksy and carefree but—thankfully, for us urbanites—still extremely refined.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- FashionFrench Girl Style: Inès de la Fressange’s Guide to All Things Chic
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"
- PartiesKendall and Kylie Jenner Threw a TriBeCa Loft Party
- FashionWhy Hedi Slimane Matters