Sea and Sand
W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
Being from El Paso, Texas, I’m drawn to desert landscapes, and I especially love when they meet the bright blue sea. It’s my favorite environment, and one that I enjoyed this summer on a boat trip through Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. We started in La Paz and ended at the Esperanza Resort in Cabo San Lucas—and passing all the dry, dusty islands dotted with saguaro cacti, I couldn’t help but be reminded of the cruise collections. Whether it was the suede dresses at Calvin Klein, the peasant blouses at Altuzarra, or the patchwork denim at Alexander McQueen, so many pieces had that desert bohemian spirit I adore. They were folksy and carefree but—thankfully, for us urbanites—still extremely refined.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionParis Fashion Week's Best Street Style Is All About Dark Layers and Primary Colors
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- BeautyA Guide to the Best New Fragrances of Fall
- CultureExclusive: Solange Knowles in Conversation with Tavi Gevinson About “A Seat at the Table"