Fashion » Sea and Sand
Sea and Sand
W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
Being from El Paso, Texas, I’m drawn to desert landscapes, and I especially love when they meet the bright blue sea. It’s my favorite environment, and one that I enjoyed this summer on a boat trip through Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. We started in La Paz and ended at the Esperanza Resort in Cabo San Lucas—and passing all the dry, dusty islands dotted with saguaro cacti, I couldn’t help but be reminded of the cruise collections. Whether it was the suede dresses at Calvin Klein, the peasant blouses at Altuzarra, or the patchwork denim at Alexander McQueen, so many pieces had that desert bohemian spirit I adore. They were folksy and carefree but—thankfully, for us urbanites—still extremely refined.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death