Drake Burnette Loves a Good Hat, Loathes Irrelevant Footwear
Take a page from this model’s style notes
While most model/actors began their careers as the former, 28-year-old Texan Drake Burnette starred in Larry Clarke’s Marfa Girl before making her runway debut at the Cèline pre-fall 2013 presentation. Since then, she has opened shows for designers like Marni, and walked for Hermès, Fendi, Chanel and more. Oh, and then there’s that time she walked next to Kate Moss at Louis Vuitton’s Fall 2013 show.
Despite her rapid ascent, Burnette still likes to keep things casual. Here, she shares some of her favorite things.
Define your style in three words:
Menswear, endurance, comfort
For winter; layers of leather and wool, for summer; short and loose.
Converse all-stars and Vans classic.
A good hat to hide under, sentimental rings.
Rag & Bone leather leggings, borrowed t-shirts, dark lipstick, no bag.
Best recent discovery:
European Medieval tapestries at the Met, seasonally themed and quite scandalous.
Style pet peeve:
Katharine Hepburn, Steve McQueen, TLC.
Pueblo rolling tobacco, OCB papers.
A surf trip to Cornwall.
How you unwind:
Hot toddies.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesNo Wonder Taylor Swift is Smitten with Tom Hiddleston
- Film & TVAbbey Lee on Neon Demon and Why Modeling Isn’t “Humane”
- CelebritiesGet to Know Tom Hiddleston, Taylor Swift’s New Boyfriend
- FashionThe Story Behind Rihanna’s Sparkly “This Is What You Came For” Jumpsuit
- FashionMaria Grazia Chiuri’s Best Looks From Her Time at Valentino