Fashion » Rahul Mishra Scores
Rahul Mishra Scores
30 outfits, five designers, and only one winner.
The 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia aren’t the only international competition going on right now: wool-loving fashion designers from twenty four countries have been battling it out in Milan for the Woolmark Prize. On Friday, February 21st, the five finalists—Altuzarra, Rahul Mishra, Sibling, Christopher Esber, and ffiXXed—each presented a six-piece collection to a panel of judges that included Vogue Italia’s Franca Sozzani, It girl Alexa Chung, and Gucci’s Frida Giannini. “I am very proud that I could show a new side of Indian fashion,” explained the competition’s newly declared winner, Rahul Mishra, who created beautifully geometric, hand-embroidered pieces that will now be stocked at boutiques like Harvey Nichols, 10 Corso Como, and Colette as part of his prize. “It is a big movement for my brand and the highest point in my career,” he added, “Nevertheless, it’s just the beginning.” Fellow contestant Joseph Altuzarra, who represented the United States, can’t wait to see Mishra’s next moves, as well. “The amount of craftsmanship and detail going into his work is tremendous,” he said, “His win is well deserved.” How is that for good sportsmanship?Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyGeneration Athleisure: How 21-Year-Olds Can Stop The Clock, Really
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways
- FashionBrazilian Bombshells Take the Sunniest Selfies
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?