W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
Blame it on the Olympics: For spring, a lot of designers have sports on the brain. Take the mesh skirts at Céline or the basketball shorts at Balenciaga. Even Miuccia Prada got in on the game, with athletic socks and stripes. But how do you wear sporty threads without looking like you just came off the court? You opt for a varsity jacket—in an elegant tweed. Or a pair of track pants—tailored for a more sophisticated silhouette. Or you simply show your team spirit with a clutch or a pair of heels in a bright color. Worn with an all-white or black ensemble, it’s a winning look.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- FashionHappy Birthday, Hillary! A Tribute to Hillary Clinton's Style Evolution, from Skirt Suit to Pantsuit