Fashion’s young upstarts get an e-tail boost.
Thanks to the Internet, young designers have a greater opportunity to see and be seen than ever before. And this spring, e-tailer Farfetch and MUUSE, a Copenhagen-based fashion company that produces limited-edition collections by emerging designers, are teaming up to allow fashion’s fresh young talent to see and be sold. Beginning April 2nd, the two companies will premiere an online pop-up shop featuring a selection of goods from ten emerging designers, including Jantine van Peski, a former intern at Haider Ackermann and A.F. Vandevorst; Sasha Nassar, the recipient of MUUSE’s International Womenswear Prize during London Graduate Fashion Week 2013; and Ece Gozen, a young designer who has already presented collections at Istanbul and Berlin fashion weeks. “I have always been passionate about emerging designers,” explains Farfetch Founder and CEO Jose Neves. “And with the high failure rate for new brands, this level of support and strategic counsel is imperative to the growth of the fashion industry in general.” Of course, these up-and-comers aren’t the only ones benefitting from this opportunity. Shoppers, mark your Outlook calendars…Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties