Fashion’s young upstarts get an e-tail boost.
Thanks to the Internet, young designers have a greater opportunity to see and be seen than ever before. And this spring, e-tailer Farfetch and MUUSE, a Copenhagen-based fashion company that produces limited-edition collections by emerging designers, are teaming up to allow fashion’s fresh young talent to see and be sold. Beginning April 2nd, the two companies will premiere an online pop-up shop featuring a selection of goods from ten emerging designers, including Jantine van Peski, a former intern at Haider Ackermann and A.F. Vandevorst; Sasha Nassar, the recipient of MUUSE’s International Womenswear Prize during London Graduate Fashion Week 2013; and Ece Gozen, a young designer who has already presented collections at Istanbul and Berlin fashion weeks. “I have always been passionate about emerging designers,” explains Farfetch Founder and CEO Jose Neves. “And with the high failure rate for new brands, this level of support and strategic counsel is imperative to the growth of the fashion industry in general.” Of course, these up-and-comers aren’t the only ones benefitting from this opportunity. Shoppers, mark your Outlook calendars…Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- FashionKitten Heels Are the New It Shoe for Fall
- FashionBella Hadid Is a Lady In Waiting in Haute Couture
- FashionMake Love, Not War: Models Wear Fall 2016's Military Trend