Fashion » Ana Kraš: It Girl, It Trend
Ana Kraš: It Girl, It Trend
The Serbian artist and model does everything with flair.
“A friend of mine recently said, ‘I’m one of your best friends and I don’t even know what you do,’ ” says Ana Kraš, laughing. It’s not hard to understand why. Though her main focus is furniture design, Kraš is also a photographer, an illustrator, and an occasional model.
The 30-year-old grew up in Belgrade, Serbia, and put out her first zine at age 6, using scraps from her parents’ copy shop. (That debut issue featured comics and crosswords and came in an edition of 20.) Another childhood pastime—building and furnishing Lego houses—foreshadowed her interior-architecture and furniture-design studies at the University of Arts in Belgrade. Her senior project, a clean-lined plywood chair, was shown at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
Kraš has since dreamed up many more pieces, including a lamp with intricately threaded surfaces and a side table inspired by schoolroom garbage cans—both of which she is working on getting into production. And Kraš, now based in New York and engaged to the musician Devendra Banhart, also has a forthcoming photo book with a Norwegian publisher full of what she describes as “personal images.” Just don’t ask her to explain the link between all of her projects. “They have a similar aesthetic, because they came from the same person,” she says with a shrug. “But I don’t think they really have much in common.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- Street StyleScandanavian Street Style: See the Best Looks from Oslo Fashion Fall 2016
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Bradley Cooper & Seth Rogen Audition for the Role of Cher in “Clueless"
- PartiesBlake Lively and Kris Jenner Debate Mommy-Daughter Style
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"