Fashion » Heady Metal
W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
As simplistic as it may seem, my biggest takeaway from the fall 2014 collections was the notion of separates. Designers didn’t seem to be offering up full, complicated looks so much as wearable pieces. And, for me, the most striking ones came in metallics. I’ve always liked shine, but what feels exciting and unexpected now is to wear it during the day—pairing, say, a brocade Erdem coat with blue jeans. I call it “street couture.” Marco de Vincenzo’s amazing fall collection was full of shimmering textures and patterns, and I was reminded of it upon seeing Diana Thater’s colorful installation at the Punta della Dogana in Venice recently. Indeed, de Vincenzo’s holographic Lurex dresses are works of art in their own right.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- Street StyleScandanavian Street Style: See the Best Looks from Oslo Fashion Fall 2016
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Bradley Cooper & Seth Rogen Audition for the Role of Cher in “Clueless"
- PartiesBlake Lively and Kris Jenner Debate Mommy-Daughter Style
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"