Fashion » See, Wonder
Trademark debuts its first store.
The new label Trademark might seem simple at first, with its almost paper doll–like silhouettes. But founders Pookie and Louisa Burch, sisters who are backed by their father Christopher Burch’s Creative Capital and remain in close touch with their former stepmother, the fashion designer Tory Burch, have a deft hand with unexpected textiles like Lurex and high-tech nylon. For their label’s first New York store, the sisters turned to the young Swedish architect Andreas Bozarth Fornell—who, as Pookie puts it, “has a minimal and classic aesthetic but with an element of surprise, just like we do.” Bozarth Fornell created a modern space in SoHo from a range of disparate materials: The floor is blue-tinted concrete, the walls are paneled in bird’s-eye maple, and a Donald Judd–inspired desk is crafted from sheet metal. “I wanted to flip the old notion that people should understand a whole store at five steps in,” Bozarth Fornell explains. “I wanted Trademark to feel like a new discovery.”
Trademark is coming soon to 95 Grand Street, trade-mark.comFollow Us:
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- FashionFrench Girl Style: Inès de la Fressange’s Guide to All Things Chic
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"
- PartiesKendall and Kylie Jenner Threw a TriBeCa Loft Party
- FashionWhy Hedi Slimane Matters