W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
I recently took a weekend trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and was totally charmed by its beautiful gardens and antebellum architecture. It’s also a great shopping town, as I discovered when my husband and I stumbled upon the boutique Indigo & Cotton. Stocked with a smart selection of well-made items, mainly from American designers, it felt very much in step with what’s happening in fashion today. On the runways—and on the streets—there has been a pendulum swing toward pared-down staples. Guiding the trend is a crop of fresh labels like Rosetta Getty, A.L.C., and Trademark—all of which boast a cool, no-nonsense aesthetic. At the end of a high- fashion-filled day at work, it’s exactly the kind of uncomplicated stuff I want to wear.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionParis Fashion Week's Best Street Style Is All About Dark Layers and Primary Colors
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- BeautyA Guide to the Best New Fragrances of Fall
- CultureThe Elgorts in Africa: Exclusive Images From Sophie, Ansel and Arthur's Breathtaking Safari