W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
I recently took a weekend trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and was totally charmed by its beautiful gardens and antebellum architecture. It’s also a great shopping town, as I discovered when my husband and I stumbled upon the boutique Indigo & Cotton. Stocked with a smart selection of well-made items, mainly from American designers, it felt very much in step with what’s happening in fashion today. On the runways—and on the streets—there has been a pendulum swing toward pared-down staples. Guiding the trend is a crop of fresh labels like Rosetta Getty, A.L.C., and Trademark—all of which boast a cool, no-nonsense aesthetic. At the end of a high- fashion-filled day at work, it’s exactly the kind of uncomplicated stuff I want to wear.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- FashionHappy Birthday, Hillary! A Tribute to Hillary Clinton's Style Evolution, from Skirt Suit to Pantsuit