Fashion » Basic Instincts
W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
I recently took a weekend trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and was totally charmed by its beautiful gardens and antebellum architecture. It’s also a great shopping town, as I discovered when my husband and I stumbled upon the boutique Indigo & Cotton. Stocked with a smart selection of well-made items, mainly from American designers, it felt very much in step with what’s happening in fashion today. On the runways—and on the streets—there has been a pendulum swing toward pared-down staples. Guiding the trend is a crop of fresh labels like Rosetta Getty, A.L.C., and Trademark—all of which boast a cool, no-nonsense aesthetic. At the end of a high- fashion-filled day at work, it’s exactly the kind of uncomplicated stuff I want to wear.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?