W’s fashion market and accessories director is on the hunt for what’s next.
I recently took a weekend trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and was totally charmed by its beautiful gardens and antebellum architecture. It’s also a great shopping town, as I discovered when my husband and I stumbled upon the boutique Indigo & Cotton. Stocked with a smart selection of well-made items, mainly from American designers, it felt very much in step with what’s happening in fashion today. On the runways—and on the streets—there has been a pendulum swing toward pared-down staples. Guiding the trend is a crop of fresh labels like Rosetta Getty, A.L.C., and Trademark—all of which boast a cool, no-nonsense aesthetic. At the end of a high- fashion-filled day at work, it’s exactly the kind of uncomplicated stuff I want to wear.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend
- FashionGigi Hadid and Tommy Hilfiger's Carnival Is What Millennial Dreams Are Made Of
- BeautyPut Down the Gloss: Ten Non-Sticky Lip Oils