The Stylist as Muse
Camille Bidault Waddington plays model for fashion designer Olympia Le-Tan.
Paris-based stylist Camille Bidault Waddington is most frequently behind the scenes, working as a stylist for independent magazines like The Gentlewoman, Purple, another, Reedition, Le Monde, and Holiday. When her good friend and collaborator, the fashion designer Olympia Le-Tan, asked her to take self-portraits for her Fall 2015 look book, however, Bidault Waddington stepped up. Here, the stylist-turned-model-turned-photographer talks about project.
How do you and Olympia know each other?
We’ve known each other for years—we live in the same building.
How did the collaboration come about?
I styled Olympia’s show about ballet and Kate Bush, and made a series of self portraits. When we had to find a concept for the look book shoot, we remembered them.
What was the inspiration for this shoot?
Lady Amanda Harlech in the ‘80s, the new romantics and funny posh naughtiness.
What was the vibe like on set?
It was very free spirited and because I was shooting myself we could do all sorts of funny poses.
What other projects do you have coming up?
My next very important project is called “summer holidays” before the fashion weeks.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- FashionFor Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes, the $3 Million Fantasy Bra Was "A Little Bit Too Comfortable"