Lianne La Havas Loves Doc Martens and Dark Lips
The singer shares her style notes.
After starting her career as a backup singer for Paloma Faith, singer/songwriter Lianne La Havas made her solo debut in 2012 with Is Your Live Big Enough?, which was nominated for the iTunes Album of the Year. This summer, the up-and-coming Brit dropped a new album, Blood. W caught up with her about her on-tour must-haves, daily uniform, style icons, and more.
Three words that describe your style:
Bold, effortless, personal.
A tailored trouser, colorful crop top, and my brown leather jacket.
My amazing red blazer with bell sleeves and the most perfect fit, and my zebra print, appliqué, velvet lace mix Tom Ford floor-length gown.
Doc Martens 3 hole black shoe.
Dark lips, no mascara, dewy skin and my black embroidered sheer cropped jacket, and a long black pencil skirt.
Annie Hall, Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard, and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Best recent discovery:
My grandmother’s trilby hat.
American Apparel, Rockit Vintage, Oxfam.
Style pet peeve:
Ill-fitting clothes, or too many prints at once.
American Apparel strappy denim wide leg jump suit.
The Alexander McQueen double-breasted men’s coat, with detachable carpet-like collar.
What’s always in your bag:
My Skimdo Turbarella waterproof head wrap.
Tour wardrobe must-have:
Adaptable heels, belts, and just strong simple accessories.Follow Us:
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionBella Hadid Lives Out the Ultimate Breakup Fantasy On the Runway at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties