Slavs to Fashion
Ukrainian fashion designer Vita Kin is one to watch.
If street style seems unusually folksy of late, that’s because fashion insiders are freaking out over the embroidered dresses and coats by the Ukrainian designer Vita Kin. Inspired by traditional vyshyvanka clothing and crafted by artisans in Kiev, Kin’s linen creations were seen on Anna Dello Russo, Miroslava Duma, Leandra Medine, and Lisa Marie Fernandez. Despite their beachy boho vibe, the dresses, which are available at Net-a-porter and Matchesfashion.com, can be worn year-round; for winter, Kin suggests layering a turtleneck underneath and pairing them with thick tights and boots. “My mom dressed like that in the ’70s,” she says. “And I loved it.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- FashionFor Victoria's Secret Angel Jasmine Tookes, the $3 Million Fantasy Bra Was "A Little Bit Too Comfortable"
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show