Here to Stay
Katherine Tsina Bird debuts a unisex collection.
If you’re not familiar with the cult label Avion Feminin, which has been around intermittently since 2007, that’s because its designer, Katherine Tsina Bird, has kept an intentionally low profile. Having started her fashion career as a fittings model, the Parsons School of Design grad prefers to work one-on-one with clients out of her Los Angeles and New York ateliers, custom designing unassumingly chic day dresses and evening gowns. When friends starting coveting the button-ups that she made for her husband, the musician Andrew Bird, she launched Avion Clothier, a unisex shirt line. The debut collection of classic styles in Japanese cottons and chambray (which is modeled by a cast of cool pals like the musician Devendra Banhart and the actress India Salvor Menuez in a limited-edition artist’s book that Bird has put together) is available both on Avionclothier.com and by custom order.Follow Us:
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time