W Magazine Wins the Best September Issue
At the 2015 Fashion Media Awards ceremony.
On Thursday evening at the Park Hyatt in New York City, director Sofia Coppola presented W magazine with the Fashion Media Award for the Best September Issue of 2015. She recalled waiting for the thick, glossy September issues to come in the mail as a young girl, and how W’s issue this fall made her feel a similar excitement. “From Steven Meisel’s beautiful, kitten-y cover story to all the great stories inside, it’s everything you want a magazine to be,” she told a room full of editors, models, and celebrities including the evening’s hosts Toni Garrn and Tony Goldwyn. NBA player Amar’e Stoudemire made an appearance along with actress Anna Kendrick, rapper Wiz Khalifa, actor Alan Cumming, models Lindsey Wixon, Sara Sampaio, Anna Cleveland, Lily Aldridge, Andreja Pejić, and of course photographers Vinoodh Matadin and Inez van Lamsweerde as well as W’s September cover star Gigi Hadid.
W’s Editor-in-Chief Stefano Tonchi accepted the award on behalf of the magazine and said, “Behind success there is always a great team. It’s great to see that after more than 40 years W as a multi-platform publication is still going strong.”Follow Us:
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- BeautyLooking Back On American Beauty Gigi Hadid's Beauty Evolution