Cate Blanchett’s Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Loves Givenchy, Japanese Lipbalm
The celebrity stylist shares her style notes.
Not only is celebrity stylist Elizabeth Stewart to thank for some of the best outfits worn by W’s December cover star Cate Blanchett, she’s also behind red carpet looks of the likes of Jessica Chastain, Amanda Seyfried, Rebel Wilson, and Julia Roberts. Here, she reveals her style and beauty must-haves as well as rules of the red carpet, her favorite looks of all time, and more.
Three words that describe your style:
Lazy, practical, but expensive.
Dress (most likely Proenza Schouler) and a cardigan. This look was named “Grandma Olsen” by my old assistant, Monique.
Balenciaga sandals in the summer and flat Chanel booties in the winter.
A great bag. My favorites are all Givenchy.
I bust out the heels!
Best recent discovery:
Net-a-Porter and Neiman Marcus.
Style pet peeve:
New prescription Ray-Bans.
What’s always in your bag:
Suqqu lipbalm that is only sold in Japan so friends bring it back for me or I buy in bulk when in Tokyo.
Most prized possession in your closet:
A vintage Givenchy dress from Decades.
Fall wardrobe must-have:
Something you would never wear:
Something extremely uncomfortable.
Something you would never have a client wear on the red carpet:
Anything they are not feeling the love for…even if I really love it.
Top red carpet moments:
Cate Blanchett at the 2011 Oscars. Jessica Chastain at the 2015 Oscars. Blanchett at the 2013 Golden Globes and 2013 SAG Awards. Amanda Seyfried in Balenciaga at the Les Misérables premiere. Cate Blanchett at the London premiere of “Carol” in Esteban Cortazar.
Let’s try it!Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress
- FashionAlessandra Ambrosio Loves All the Tiny, "Barely There" Outfits She's Worn at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- CultureSee Unpublished Polaroids of Madonna's Early, Denim-Heavy Twenties
- FashionGigi Hadid, Irina Shayk, Adriana Lima, and More Supermodels Backstage at the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show