Fade to Black with Mariacarla Boscono
The model and Riccardo Tisci muse on her strict all-black dress code.
On Tuesday night at the BLK DNM store in Soho, Mariacarla Boscono‘s face was everywhere. The brand photographed the model and Riccardo Tisci muse for its latest campaign and her likeness was plastered all over the store in stunning black-and-white photographs and on giveaway t-shirts. She becomes the latest top model to appear in one of the denim brand’s ad campaigns, following in the footsteps of Gisele Bündchen, Frankie Rayder and Karen Elson. Amid so many Bosconos, the real deal was a little difficult to find. But she stood out amid the sea of biker jackets, jeans, and t-shirts with her jet-black hair and, naturally, her signature all-black ensemble.
What do you love most about the color black?
Everything. If there was a blacker color than black, I would wear it. I love it because it’s basic. When I pack, I don’t have to match anything.
What are the perfect elements of a leather jacket?
It has to make you feel good when you wear it. I wear them all year round—summer, winter—you just add and take off. I like to wear them with dresses. I never have a purse, so I use the pockets. Classic.
How do your BLK DNM portraits reflect your personal style?
I love that they’re bare. It’s almost like it’s just me, myself, and my soul. That’s it.
How would you style jeans for a holiday party?
With a vintage lace dress over them.
Are you doing anything for the holidays?
With what’s going on in the world now, I just want to stay at home.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureHow Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Became Humanoid Creatures for W
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- CultureTake a Peek at New York's Most Eligible Nudes
- CelebritiesW Magazine Fashion Films - Kendall Jenner, Performance Artist, Channels Icons Like Marina Abramovic and Yoko Ono