Sarah Snyder Makes Her Fashion Campaign Debut
Artist Brian Donnelly, better known as KAWS, and Uniqlo's creative director NIGO cast Jaden Smith's girlfriend for the new campaign, seen here for the first time.
Uniqlo’s Creative Director NIGO and the artist Brian Donnelly, better known as KAWS, go way back. The two first met around 1995 in Tokyo, before the now-behemoth brand had even opened its first store there, and they’ve been collaborating ever since. The latest fruits of their friendship include an exclusive line of t-shirts and bags designed by the Brooklyn-based artist, made with a very hands-off approach by the brand. “Through collaborative projects I get to sometimes learn new ways of production,” Donnelly says. “This can inform future work I create.” Featuring a familiar KAWS cast of signature colorful characters and graffiti-like logos, the collection is a cohesive melding of New York and Tokyo. And for an extra touch of downtown cool, Instagram star Sarah Snyder (and Jaden Smith girlfriend) wears the tees in her first major campaign.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionSee All the Looks from the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- FashionAdriana Lima Has Walked in a Record 16 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, and Is "Still Going Strong"
- PeopleMadonna Gave Art Basel the Debauched, Celebrity-Drenched Party Miami's High Rollers Deserved
- CultureInside Hood By Air's Epic Miami Pool Party, Art Basel 2016's Most Transgressive Show
- PartiesAt the 2016 Victoria's Secret After Party, It Was All About the Naked Dress