Create a customized De Beers engagement ring… on an iPad
Unless you are one of those women who has been doodling her perfect, five-carat, princess cut design since middle school, the prospect of choosing an engagement ring can be daunting, for the recipient AND the proposer alike. Fortunately, De Beers is making things a bit easier—and more creative—with the debut today of its new in-store iPad app For You, Forever. The process is both simple and abounding with possibilities.
Under the guidance of a brand ambassador, a potential bride fills in choices for different filters: band styles (there are 10 options); diamond shapes (cushion, emerald, princess, pear, brilliant and oval); carats (ranging from approximately .20-2.99); clarity (IF or internal flawless to SI2 or some inclusions that can only be seen with a magnifier); color (D or colorless through K or faint color); ring material (gold, rose gold or platinum); ring size, and of course budget. Once the variables are quantified, the app churns out all the combinations based on the stones in inventory from around half a million possible combinations in total.
For those not ready to commit—to a ring at least—ambassadors can help compile a list of five favorites, and provide a PDF with all the stats via email—all the easier to forward to a friend or prospective fiancé. And should you be shopping with your fiancé, the app has a feature that allows him to discreetly enter in a budget range and view all the options with you sans price tags. Because while honesty is the foundation of a good relationship, some details are better left unshared.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CultureHow a Young Photographer Went From School to Shooting Kylie and Kendall Jenner
- PeopleExclusive: Kylie Jenner Takes Her Friends On a Very Photogenic Birthday Trip to Turks and Caicos
- People10 Things You Should Know About Bronte Blampied, Justin Bieber's New Girlfriend
- FashionGigi Hadid and Tommy Hilfiger's Carnival Is What Millennial Dreams Are Made Of
- BeautyPut Down the Gloss: Ten Non-Sticky Lip Oils