Inspired by "Tough Love," the shoe of the season is sweet and low.
Kitten heels, those nubby pumps introduced in the late ’50s as formal footwear for teenyboppers, are back. And women weary of sky-high stilettos have Hedi Slimane to thank. For spring, the Saint Laurent designer accessorized each of his punk-rock looks with snakeskin, studded, metallic, and multicolored versions of the kicky shoe and its cousin, the “cat boot.” “I designed the collection from the bottom up,” he admits. Fans have some 50 styles to choose from—the least expensive of which, in simple leather, runs $595. We’re sold.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- PartiesChanel Celebrates Lily-Rose Depp as the Face of N°5 L’EAU
- FashionLondon Fashion Week's Street Style Stars Have an Eye for Details
- PeopleTeyana Taylor Won the Front Row at New York Fashion Week
- FashionIrina Shayk and Gigi Hadid Are the World's Sexiest Paper Dolls at Moschino Spring 2017