Inspired by "Tough Love," the shoe of the season is sweet and low.
Kitten heels, those nubby pumps introduced in the late ’50s as formal footwear for teenyboppers, are back. And women weary of sky-high stilettos have Hedi Slimane to thank. For spring, the Saint Laurent designer accessorized each of his punk-rock looks with snakeskin, studded, metallic, and multicolored versions of the kicky shoe and its cousin, the “cat boot.” “I designed the collection from the bottom up,” he admits. Fans have some 50 styles to choose from—the least expensive of which, in simple leather, runs $595. We’re sold.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleHow Lourdes Leon, Madonna's 20-Year-Old Daughter, Went from Wearing Juicy Couture to Alexander Wang
- FashionGeorgian Street Style Comes into Its Own at Tbilisi Fashion Week
- PeopleThe Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of All Time
- FashionSeoul Fashion Week's Best Streetwise Street Style Isn't Just for Grown-Ups
- CultureWho's Who: Meet All the Beautiful People of Seoul Fashion Week