Fashion » Accessories » Hedi's Heels
Inspired by "Tough Love," the shoe of the season is sweet and low.
Kitten heels, those nubby pumps introduced in the late ’50s as formal footwear for teenyboppers, are back. And women weary of sky-high stilettos have Hedi Slimane to thank. For spring, the Saint Laurent designer accessorized each of his punk-rock looks with snakeskin, studded, metallic, and multicolored versions of the kicky shoe and its cousin, the “cat boot.” “I designed the collection from the bottom up,” he admits. Fans have some 50 styles to choose from—the least expensive of which, in simple leather, runs $595. We’re sold.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- CelebritiesScreen Tests - Cara Delevingne on "Suicide Squad," Justin Timberlake, and Her Childhood Obsession With Death
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan