Fashion » Accessories » Shades of Margiela
Shades of Margiela
Maison Martin Margiela has teamed up with Berlin eyewear brand Mykita
Despite the departure of Maison Martin Margiela’s mysterious founder and creative director in 2009, the Parisian fashion house has maintained his irreverent creativity. (See Spring 2014‘s bejeweled undergarments and Fall 2014‘s deconstructed Victorian pieces for proof.) Their latest offering: sunglasses made in collaboration with Berlin’s fashion-forward eyewear brand Mykita. The capsule collection is divided into two groupings, one in monochromatic metal, the other in multi-colored acetate, with shapes that reference the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s and ’70s. “Margiela is a really freethinking brand in the world of fashion, and we are very much playing by our own rules in the world of eyewear,” said Moritz Krueger, Mykita’s creative director, who was at Mykita’s New York boutique to discuss the sunglasses. “It felt very natural to work together.”Follow Us:
- BeautyHow to Get in Head-to-Toe Wedding Shape in Just 10 Days. Seriously.
- PeopleWhen It Girls Simi and Haze Khadra Graduate
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?
- BeautyWonder Woman Actress Lynda Carter Is a Sunscreen Advocate, Jazz Singer, and Hillary Clinton Fan
- FashionMeet the French Designer Redefining the Travel Wardrobe