Shades of Margiela
Maison Martin Margiela has teamed up with Berlin eyewear brand Mykita
Despite the departure of Maison Martin Margiela’s mysterious founder and creative director in 2009, the Parisian fashion house has maintained his irreverent creativity. (See Spring 2014‘s bejeweled undergarments and Fall 2014‘s deconstructed Victorian pieces for proof.) Their latest offering: sunglasses made in collaboration with Berlin’s fashion-forward eyewear brand Mykita. The capsule collection is divided into two groupings, one in monochromatic metal, the other in multi-colored acetate, with shapes that reference the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s and ’70s. “Margiela is a really freethinking brand in the world of fashion, and we are very much playing by our own rules in the world of eyewear,” said Moritz Krueger, Mykita’s creative director, who was at Mykita’s New York boutique to discuss the sunglasses. “It felt very natural to work together.”Follow Us:
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionParis Fashion Week's Best Street Style Is All About Dark Layers and Primary Colors
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- BeautyGwyneth Paltrow's Fitness Guru (and Best Friend) Prefers Working Out with Jennifer Lopez
- CultureExclusive: Solange Knowles in Conversation with Tavi Gevinson About “A Seat at the Table"