Fashion » Accessories » Playing Peekaboo
Fendi’s fabulous friends add their personal touch to an iconic handbag.
After transforming Karl Lagerfeld into a purse, the Italian fashion house is once again bringing a touch of whimsy to the world of luxury handbags. This time, they recruited Gwyneth Paltrow, Tracey Emin, Georgia May Jagger, and other big names to personalize Peekaboo bags as a fundraiser for the UK-based charity Kids Company, which supports inner city children. “I wanted to make a bag that was as child friendly as possible while still being glamorous,” explained new mum Adele of her creation, which includes fluttering eyelashes that recall her own. Actress Naomie Harris took a different approach, designing a bag in honor of Nelson Mandela and his legacy. Unfortunately, Cara Delevingne, who carried the toy-sized Lagerfeld down Fendi’s Fall 2014 runway, did not include his likeness on hers.
The personalized bags will be on display at Fendi’s new flagship store in London, and will be available to purchase through an online auction at fendi.com. All proceeds will be donated to the charity Kids Company.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- CelebritiesCasting Call - Eddie Redmayne as Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is Incredible
- FashionFrench Girl Style: Inès de la Fressange’s Guide to All Things Chic
- FashionWhy Hedi Slimane Matters
- Street StyleScandanavian Street Style: See the Best Looks from Oslo Fashion Fall 2016
- Film & TVCasting Call - Margot Robbie Auditions for Marlon Brando’s Role in “On the Waterfront"