Fairest of Them All
Chopard creates an eco-friendly collection for the green carpet.
These days, a girl can walk into Chopard, drop a pretty penny on a pair of 18k gold–and–diamond chandelier earrings, and not feel an ounce of guilt. The Swiss jewelry company has joined forces with Livia Firth, the creative director of the sustainability consultancy Eco-Age, to create the Green Carpet Collection. Each of the eight pieces, including rings, earrings, a bracelet, a necklace, and a watch, is Fairmined certified, meaning the gold was responsibly sourced; the diamonds all come with the Responsible Jewellery Council seal of approval. And although Chopard can’t promise that the Cannes Film Festival will change the carpet on the Promenade de la Croisette from red to green anytime soon, it did ensure that the Palme d’Or trophy, which Chopard has produced since 1998, was made with Fairmined gold this year.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionOn the Streets of Milan, It's All Gucci, All the Time
- FashionParis Fashion Week's Best Street Style Is All About Dark Layers and Primary Colors
- PartiesColby Jordan's Marriage to Alberto “Tico” Mugrabi Was the Art World Wedding of the Year
- BeautyGwyneth Paltrow's Fitness Guru (and Best Friend) Prefers Working Out with Jennifer Lopez
- CultureExclusive: Solange Knowles in Conversation with Tavi Gevinson About “A Seat at the Table"