Clandeboye\nThe astounding 2,000-acre estate in Northern Ireland that is home to Lindy, the Marchioness of Dufferin and Ava, is a frozen-in-amber reflection of the British Empire at its peak. Read the complete article.\nThe east front of the mansion house at Clandeboye, which dates from 1801 and is one of Ireland's largest and oldest estates.\nLady Dufferin, 67, is a member of the fabled Guinness family by both birth and marriage. Her father, Loel Guinness, came from the so-called banking branch of the clan; in 1964 Lindy married a distant cousin from the brewing side, Sheridan Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood, the Fifth Marquess of Dufferin and Ava.\nDecorated with souvenirs and treasures collected in East Asia by the First Marquess, a noted diplomat, the double staircase is the heart of the house.\nAll the bedrooms are named after places the First Marquess was sent en poste. This one is known as “France.”\nAll view of the the “Paris” bedroom.\nSir Harold Nicolson, nephew of the First Marquess, called the library “one of the pleasantest rooms on earth.” The bookcases are inscribed in gilt with the names of Greek gods.\nFloor-to-ceiling windows in the gallery.\nLady Dufferin dotes on her estate's 130 heifers, who are the source of England's lauded Clandeboye Estate Yoghurt. (Here, she poses with cow trainer Mark Logan and Willow, who was voted Ireland's Supreme Champion, Cow of the Year.)\nIn the past decade, Lady Dufferin has returned to painting. Here, "The Library at Clandeboye, Morning Light," a 2003 oil work.\n\n To see more work, click HERE.\nHeraldry, weaponry and hunting prizes line the inner hall, a later addition to the house.