Opening Night for the American Ballet Theatre
Guests were not limited to socialites in ball gowns
What: The American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall Gala, sponsored by Clinique and Badgley Mischka.
Where: The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center.
When: Wednesday, October 30th
Who: Sigourney Weaver, Julia Koch, Bebe Neuwirth, Taye Diggs, Jessica Stam, Thom Browne, Crystal Renn, Olympic soccer player Kelley O’Hara—in case it wasn’t apparent, the ballet is no longer the sole purview of socialites in ball gowns.
Why: The evening’s program included two world premieres: “Piece d’Occasion,” choreographed by ABT principal dancer Marcelo Gomes, who later performed the role of Prospero in Alexei Ratmansky’s highly anticipated “The Tempest.” Prospero and Miranda escaped their magical island, but those who stayed for dinner found themselves a captive audience. Bronson Van Wyck transformed the promenade into a dark and tempestuous playground with an 180-foot mural of the sea, floor-to-ceiling cyclones and audiovisual effects like fog and lightning.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionLondon Street Style Stars Aren't Afraid to Let Their Sartorial Freak Flag Fly
- BeautyCalling All Korean Beauty Fans: Your Favorite Masks and Cutting-Edge Products Are Coming to Nordstrom
- PeopleRocco Ritchie, Madonna's Son, and Girlfriend Are London's Answer to Jaden Smith and Sarah Snyder
- FashionNew York Fashion Week Is a Masterclass in Staying Chic During a Blizzard
- FashionGucci's Fall 2017 Collection Will Be the Only Good Thing Left After the Apocalypse