Opening Night for the American Ballet Theatre
Guests were not limited to socialites in ball gowns
What: The American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall Gala, sponsored by Clinique and Badgley Mischka.
Where: The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center.
When: Wednesday, October 30th
Who: Sigourney Weaver, Julia Koch, Bebe Neuwirth, Taye Diggs, Jessica Stam, Thom Browne, Crystal Renn, Olympic soccer player Kelley O’Hara—in case it wasn’t apparent, the ballet is no longer the sole purview of socialites in ball gowns.
Why: The evening’s program included two world premieres: “Piece d’Occasion,” choreographed by ABT principal dancer Marcelo Gomes, who later performed the role of Prospero in Alexei Ratmansky’s highly anticipated “The Tempest.” Prospero and Miranda escaped their magical island, but those who stayed for dinner found themselves a captive audience. Bronson Van Wyck transformed the promenade into a dark and tempestuous playground with an 180-foot mural of the sea, floor-to-ceiling cyclones and audiovisual effects like fog and lightning.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeopleEveryone Finally Discovered Eminem's Daughter, Hailie Scott, on Instagram
- PeopleFrom Kate Moss to Paris Hilton: What 25 Famous Women Wore to Their Birthday Parties
- FashionExclusive: Rihanna Takes You Backstage At Her Fenty Puma Runway Show
- FashionThere Are People Having Actual Sex in Eckhaus Latta's Latest Campaign
- FashionFrom Toddlers to K-Pop Stars, Seoul Fashion Week Takes Street Style to the Next Level