Parties » A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand
The fashion and art worlds joined together for Project Paz’s annual benefit
What: The 4th Annual Project Art benefit and auction hosted by Project Paz, a non-profit promoting peace in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. “We started [Project Paz] about 4 years ago,” said Eugenia Gonzalez Ruiz-Olloqui, who founded the group along with a team of friends from the fashion and art worlds. “Things in Juarez were getting so bad and we thought it was time we do something to help.”
When: Monday, October 21st.
Where: 82 Mercer Street.
Who: Designers Jason Wu and Thakoon Panichgul came to show their support, while guests like co-host Sofia Sanchez Barrenechea, Valerie Boster, and Monique Péan took in the more than 40 artworks on the block.
Why: With nearly all of the art sold, the event raised over $100,000 for after-school programs in Ciudad Juarez. A selection of photographs shot by the Project Paz students and curated by sisters Phoebe and Annette Stephens proved particularly popular. “We wanted [the images] to show the point of view of the kids, and to include a visual component that shows that you’re in Mexico,” said Phoebe. “They actually look a lot like what you see out there in the art world now!” exclaimed Annette, impressed with the students’ obvious skills. “It’s exciting that the kids are putting themselves out there like this.”Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- FashionMet Gala 2016: From Katy Perry to Claire Danes, See the Best Photos from the Red Carpet
- FashionBeyoncé’s Stylist on the Met Gala, Lemonade, and Her Insane Instagram
- Best DressedMet Gala 2016: Wiz Khalifa and Idris Elba Win the Red Carpet
- PartiesMet Gala 2016: After, After Hours with Lady Gaga, Madonna and Beyoncé
- FashionOlympia de la Macorra Is the Queen of Mexico City Vintage