Parties » The Next Generation
The Next Generation
Fans of Roger Vivier gather to celebrate the re-launch of the classic Virgule heel
When: Tuesday, October 29th
Where: Paul’s Baby Grand
Who: Roger Vivier creative director Bruno Frisoni, Kate Young, Tali Lennox, Courtney Love, Michael Avedon, Annabelle Dexter-Jones, Diego and Emanuele Della Valle, Olivia Bee, and Atlanta de Cadenet Taylor, who hit the decks for a special DJ set.
Why: Roger Vivier considered himself an architect first and shoe designer second, describing his extravagant and experimental creations as “sculptures.” His Virgule heel, which he debuted in 1963 and named for its resemblance to a comma, was among his greatest hits. Reworked now in a range of colors and materials, it will undoubtedly appeal to a new generation of fans.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- BeautyGeneration Athleisure: How 21-Year-Olds Can Stop The Clock, Really
- CultureDaphne Guinness: Always a Strange Bird, Now With Songs
- FashionBrazilian Bombshells Take the Sunniest Selfies
- FashionThe Montauk Moment: The Best Swimsuits of Summer Are Revealing In All the Right Ways
- Art & DesignStrange Fruit: Is Stephanie Sarley the Betty Tompkins of Instagram?