Night at the Apollo
Highlights from the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual gala
What: The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Apollo Circle’s 10th annual gala, this year sponsored by Maiyet. The evening’s theme was Between the Seams, inspired by the current exhibition “Interwoven Globe: The Worldwide Textile Trade, 1500-1800.”
Where: A select few enjoyed a pre-event champagne toast with Maiyet’s Paul Van Zyl and Kristy Caylor on the Velez Blanco Patio, before joining the main party in the Temple of Dendur in the museum’s Sackler Wing.
When: Thursday, November 14th
Who: The young and restless. Almost 900 guys and gals in their 20s and 30s donned their black tie finest and worked the high voltage scene (Brendan Fallis deejayed) like it was a young adult version of prom.
Why: Even the most jaded party regular can’t help being wowed by the prospect of a night spent beneath a gorgeously lit Egyptian temple as ladies in gowns flit by.Follow Us:
Follow us on Facebook
- PeoplePeter Dundas on Making Ciara’s One-of-a-Kind Wedding Dress
- FashionNot Another Skinny Male Model
- PeopleIt's Time to Take Lil Dicky, Hip Hop's Goofball, Seriously
- CultureSeeking Gold Once More—Defending Olympic Champion Gabby Douglas Stages a Comeback at 20
- FashionAt Josefinas, Ballet Flats with a Twist